Here are a few reasons why my favorite summer weather is overcast.
– It’s usually cooler so it’s easier to exercise outdoors.
– You don’t get sunburned.
– You can open your eyes wide, no need to squint.
– Everyone looks amazingly lit; sunlight diffused through clouds makes everyone moviestars through appropriate lighting.
– There is a certain excited tension in the air, the subtle dread of rain. Drama.
– That little bit of noontime darkness gives the world a spectator’s mystique. Like the whole universe is wearing sunglasses.
– I have an ancient childhood memory, intensely positive but blurry, of walking away from a suburban waterpark in North York as it’s about to rain. It was the happiest moment of my life. And I don’t know what happened in it